Java and Currval

From: "Sam Adams" <samadams(at)myfastmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Java and Currval
Date: 2005-05-02 16:30:12
Lists: pgsql-sql

I'm having trouble getting the currval function to work from a Java
program (or from Postgres at all). I want to get the value of addressid
in the table taddress. The best I seem to be able to come up with is
'SELECT currval(taddress.addressid)'. However this gives me the error
'ERROR: relation "1" does not exist' or whatever the number should be.
I've tried lots of variations but can't seem to work it out. What am I
doing wrong? Thanks.

-Sam