Re: strange error message

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Uwe Bartels <uwe(dot)bartels(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: strange error message
Date: 2011-11-25 16:43:08
Lists: pgsql-sql

Uwe Bartels <uwe(dot)bartels(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I've got a strange error message in our java application.

> ERROR JDBCTransaction:124 - JDBC commit failed
> *org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: bogus varno: 65001*

This is a symptom of some kind of planner error. If you are not
running the latest minor release of your Postgres branch, update
and see if it goes away. If not, please file a bug report with
sufficient information to reproduce the problem by hand (ie, the
problem query plus schema+data sufficient to run it against).