Re: Deadlock and FK triggers

From: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Deadlock and FK triggers
Date: 2005-02-21 15:08:35
Lists: pgsql-general

[snip]
> We hope to have shared row locks in 8.1 for this usage.

This feature is one I'm really waiting for ! Is there any estimate when
8.1 comes out ?
I know, I know, the preferred answer is "whenever it's ready", but if
8.1 is not that far away, and shared row locking will be in it, I won't
bother patching 8.0 to skip FK parent row locking altogether (which is
not the most orthodox way to avoid the FK related deadlocks)...

Thanks to all the developers,
Csaba.