Ident authentication

From: Jarkko Elfving <jarelf(at)ebaana(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Ident authentication
Date: 2005-01-24 15:55:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi.

I'm trying to connect to my test DB in localhost with pgAdmin3 but I got
an error message

Error connecting to the server: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for
user "jarkko"

What should I do?

I'm reading documents about this and there was something about
pg_hba.conf and pg_ident.conf. I did a modifications both of those
files, restart the server and still I got the same error message.
--
Jarkko Elfving <jarelf(at)ebaana(dot)net>