multi column aggregates?

From: "Creager, Robert S" <CreagRS(at)LOUISVILLE(dot)STORTEK(dot)COM>
To: "'General - PGSQL'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: multi column aggregates?
Date: 2001-11-06 18:32:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Wondering if it's possible to create multi column (but a constant number of
columns per function) aggregate functions? I'm looking to create a weighted
mean, which uses the sums and products... of 2 columns. I have the SQL
statements to do what I want, but a two column aggregate in this case would
seem to work well.

Robert Creager
Senior Software Engineer
Client Server Library