Re: Statistics Import and Export

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Corey Huinker <corey(dot)huinker(at)gmail(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>, Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Statistics Import and Export
Date: 2024-04-01 17:21:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Reality check --- are we still targeting this feature for PG 17?

I'm not sure. I think if we put our heads down we could finish
the changes I'm suggesting and resolve the other issues this week.
However, it is starting to feel like the sort of large, barely-ready
patch that we often regret cramming in at the last minute. Maybe
we should agree that the first v18 CF would be a better time to
commit it.