Re: [SQL] 2 Aktions in a Rule

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: F(dot)Makesch(at)sbe-zeta(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] 2 Aktions in a Rule
Date: 1999-10-05 14:34:47
Lists: pgsql-sql

Florian Makesch <F(dot)Makesch(at)sbe-zeta(dot)de> writes:
> I hope someone can help me. I Want 2 Aktions executeed in a Rule like:
> CREATE RULE auftraege_neu_delete AS ON delete
> TO auftraege_neu DO
> (DELETE FROM auftraege_neu_positionen
> WHERE auftraege_neu_positionen.auftragsnr = OLD.auftragsnr;
> DELETE FROM auftraege_neu_zubehoer
> WHERE auftraege_neu_zubehoer.auftragsnr = OLD.auftragsnr;);
> but I get a Parser Error:
> ERROR: parser: parse error at or near ""
> This is in PostgreSQL 6.5.2
> Has anyone the correct syntax?

There's nothing wrong with that syntax AFAICS. Furthermore, my copy
of Postgres takes it just fine (both 6.5.2 and current sources).

I suspect you compiled with a buggy version of yacc or bison. Postgres'
grammar is large and complex enough that it tends to expose problems
in vendor-supplied yaccs :-(. Try getting a recent GNU bison (let's
see ... I have 1.25 installed here, it's probably not the latest)
and rebuilding.