Re: Postgresql Materialized views

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Webb Sprague" <webb(dot)sprague(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql Materialized views
Date: 2008-01-14 00:01:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Webb Sprague" <webb(dot)sprague(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> May I propose the following: (1) can we put materialized views on the
> TODO, perhaps as a library or as core, still subject to a lot of
> design work and with no particular deadline?

Actually, I had thought they *were* on the TODO list, because certainly
it's been suggested before. I can't find anything about 'em in the
list though, so +1 for adding the entry. There are plenty of other TODO
items that we have no idea how to do, so the lack of a clear design is
hardly an objection ;-)