Re: Re: naming convention/mixed case

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alejandro Fernandez <ale(at)nin(dot)cx>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: naming convention/mixed case
Date: 2001-05-15 14:05:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Alejandro Fernandez <ale(at)nin(dot)cx> writes:
> I suspected that the access guidelines broke the SQL standard! Thanks
> for the information. Is there a standards compliant naming convention I
> can use as an alternative in future?

You can use mixed case if you want --- you just have to be absolutely
consistent about whether you double-quote the names or not.

FooBar is the same as foobar
FooBar is NOT the same as "FooBar"

You can write 'em with quotes if you want, or without if you want,
but you have to do it the same way all the time.