Re: "invalid memory alloc request size <n>" in deferred trigger causes transaction to fail, but the backend keeps running

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Frank van Vugt <ftm(dot)van(dot)vugt(at)foxi(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: "invalid memory alloc request size <n>" in deferred trigger causes transaction to fail, but the backend keeps running
Date: 2004-12-03 01:21:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Frank van Vugt <ftm(dot)van(dot)vugt(at)foxi(dot)nl> writes:

>> Not with that backtrace, it isn't.

> Excuse me?

> I'm running v8.0.0beta5,

Oh, I thought you meant the backend was 7.4.6.

> but the sql-statements that are in my source-tree are
> all still 'based on v7.4.6', i.e. there is no occurence of the word
> 'savepoint' in the whole tree.

Hmm. The line number referenced for CommitTransactionCommand() is
definitely in code that is only entered after a savepoint, but I see
it is an identical code path to some other arms of the switch()
command. Probably the compiler decided to merge those arms. You might
want to back off the compiler optimization level a step so you can get
more readable tracebacks ...