pg_clog problems

From: Franco Bruno Borghesi <franco(at)akyasociados(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_clog problems
Date: 2003-11-19 16:45:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everyone.

I'm having problems with a database, I get the following errors while
accesing it (from my application and from pg_dump)

ERROR: Could not access status of transaction 65536
DETAIL: Could not read from file /usr/share/postgresql/data/pg_clog/0000
at offset 16384: No error.

I'm using postgreSQL 7.4RC2 under cygwin (on winxp). It probably got
damagged because of a bad windows shutdown or something.

My question is, is there a way to reinit pg_clog files? I had read
somewhere about something called pgsql_fsck or something, would this
tool fix the problem? (if yes, please tell me the correct name ;) )

Thanks in advance.