Re: Microsoft access verses postgresql

From: Michelle Murrain <tech(at)murrain(dot)net>
To: Geoffrey <esoteric(at)3times25(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Microsoft access verses postgresql
Date: 2003-11-05 03:08:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 21:39, Geoffrey wrote:

> Okay, so how do you approach this? Access front end will talk to
> postgresql? Pointers to any docs would be appreciated.

Access front end talks with Postgresql via ODBC. Can be a little flakey
at times, but it works well in my experience, although it does depend
some on the complexity you need.

There are a couple of different docs at: http://techdocs.postgresql.org/
- one good one on the step by step under "Technical Guides".

--
.Michelle

AIM:pearlbear0 ICQ:129250575

"Our capacity to make peace with another person and with the world
depends very much on our capacity to make peace with ourselves." -- Thich Nhat Hanh