Re: How to list which tables are available?

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: PgSQL General ML <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to list which tables are available?
Date: 2003-10-14 17:39:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 04:53, B.W.H. van Beest wrote:
> It seems so elementary, but how I get a list of which tables are
> available in a database. I can't find an SQL command for this, but there
> must be a way!

"$ man psql", then search for the string "list of all tables"

$ psql test1

Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help on internal slash commands
\q to quit

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms [of
government] those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow
operations, perverted it into tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson