Re: Should I worry?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Should I worry?
Date: 2001-08-21 20:44:28
Lists: pgsql-sql

"Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> writes:
> Do I need to worry about this:
> pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe
> ... which appears in the log intermittently?

Looks like the trace of a client disconnecting ungracefully (mid-query).
If you're not aware of any client-side failures in your setup then you
should perhaps look more closely, but otherwise this is not something
to worry about. The backend will roll back its transaction and close
up shop just fine.

I think we have a TODO item to suppress multiple occurrences of this
log message, but otherwise that stuff works fine AFAIK.