Re: How to optimize this query ?

From: Franco Bruno Borghesi <franco(at)akyasociados(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: proghome(at)silesky(dot)com, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to optimize this query ?
Date: 2003-08-13 16:17:35
Lists: pgsql-sql

Maybe its better now. Anyway, what I think is that joining will perform
better than using IN. Am I wrong?

SELECT
L.*
FROM
lead L
LEFT JOIN purchase P ON (L.id=P.lead_id)
LEFT JOIN member_exclusion M ON
(P.member_id=M.member_id_to_exclude)
LEFT JOIN (
SELECT DISTINCT affiliate_locked_id FROM affiliate_lockout WHERE
member_id=21101
) A ON (L.affiliate_id=A.affiliated_locled_id)
WHERE
L.exclusive IS NULL OR
(
L.exclusive=0 AND
L.nb_purchases<3
) AND
(P.lead_id IS NULL OR P.lead_id<>21101) AND
(M.member_id IS NULL) AND
(A.member_id IS NULL)