Re: Inheritance & multiple-value fields

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inheritance & multiple-value fields
Date: 2003-08-03 07:27:08
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 18:55, Vernon Smith wrote:
> Thanks for your input, Ron.
>
> My question, however, is addressed to PG only since this is PG
> mailing list. I have no interest to buy another DB product at
> this moment.

You asked about "multi-valued field table". That looks like a
construct that is against the "rules" of relational database
design. So, since PG doesn't support that feature, I told you about
a product that does do multi-valued fields. What's the problem?
I was being helpful.

| Ron Johnson, Jr. Home: ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net |
| Jefferson, LA USA |
| |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian |
| because I hate vegetables!" |
| unknown |