Add casts & related fixes

From: Kim Ho <kho(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc-list <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Dave Cramer <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>, Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>, Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com>
Subject: Add casts & related fixes
Date: 2003-07-08 14:36:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Problem:
- This improves the handling of numbers by adding the casts required by
the backend. As a result, many JDBC compliance tests now pass.

Fix:
- Use m_bindTypes to add a '::<cast>' when we send the query in
QueryExecutor.
- Changes a lot of the casts, especially for numbers, to ensure that
all the proper types are being cast.

Additional patches that are related:
SetObjectNumbers:
- Due to the addcasts patch, this one deals with the fact that
different numbers are dealt with differently now.

SetObjectBinary:
- Calls the setByte[] instead of setObject (which used to default to
string I believe). If not, attempt to cast the string to byte[].

Feedback and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Kim

Attachment Content-Type Size
addcasts.diff text/x-patch 9.0 KB
setObjectNumbers.diff text/plain 2.8 KB
setobjectbinary.diff text/x-patch 2.1 KB