What's our minimum ninja version?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What's our minimum ninja version?
Date: 2024-04-16 00:26:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

installation.sgml says our minimum meson version is 0.54, but it's
silent on what the minimum ninja version is. What RHEL8 supplies
doesn't work for me:

$ meson setup build
Found ninja-1.8.2 at /usr/bin/ninja
ninja: error: build.ninja:7140: multiple outputs aren't (yet?) supported by depslog; bring this up on the mailing list if it affects you

WARNING: Could not create compilation database.

That's not a huge problem in itself, but I think we should figure
out what's the minimum version that works, and document that.