Problem to start postgres

From: Thomas Eggers <eggersthomas(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem to start postgres
Date: 2021-03-05 23:25:23
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello support team,

I'm trying to start postgresql 9.6 or 10 and as far as I know I have to start the server at first.

But before that I have to define a connection to the server, right ?

The problem is that I don't know how to do that.

In the documentation I read the following:

"Connect to Server
Use the Connect to Server dialog to authenticate with a defined server and access the objects stored on the server through
the pgAdmin tree control. To access the dialog, right click on the server name in the pgAdmin tree control, and select
Connect Server… from the context menu."

Where do I find this server dialog or the pgadmin tree control respectively what is the path to it ?

When I double-click on the pgadmin4-application the following can be read: "Checking for system tray - starting pgadmin4
server - taking longer than usual - almost there" - then appears the information (fatal error): "the pgadmin4 server could
not be contacted" and:
"Failed to open the system default web browser. Is one installed?" (see attachment).

Do I have to install special clusters with the Application Stack Builder? Or do I have to install a default server separately
and how can I do it ?

I use Windows 7, 32 bit.

Or maybe the simplest question could be: Where can I find the necessary dashboard and how can I open it ?

Thanks very much for your help !

Thomas

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/png 67.5 KB