Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it?

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it?
Date: 2003-06-19 15:12:54
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 09:54, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:
> > > The problem is that you can't do the check on the _field_ since it has
> > > already been converted to a date.
> >
> > You're right. How about a "before insert" trigger?
>
> This suffers from the same problem, I believe. If I weren't a lazy
> bastard, I check it :)

But you could code programatic to validate the date.

| Ron Johnson, Jr. Home: ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net |
| Jefferson, LA USA http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| |
| "Oh, great altar of passive entertainment, bestow upon me |
| thy discordant images at such speed as to render linear |
| thought impossible" (Calvin, regarding TV) |