Re: Starting Postmaster

From: radha(dot)manohar(at)ndsu(dot)nodak(dot)edu
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Starting Postmaster
Date: 2003-04-28 19:20:54
Lists: pgsql-novice

After starting the Postmaster, when I tried to execute psql, I get
this following error. This is the main problem. I don't know why this
happens. Please provide a solution to this problem.

As I said in the previous mail, I have installed postgresql in my
$HOME directory. I got the screen dump when the postmaster is running.
(Here testdb is the name of the database)
manohar(at)midas-05:~/postgresql-7.3$ $HOME/pgsql/bin/psql testdb
psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
connections on Unix domain
socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Radha Manohar