Invalid UNICODE character sequence found (0xd14f)

From: Hugo Escobar <hugo(at)travelone(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Invalid UNICODE character sequence found (0xd14f)
Date: 2003-04-02 00:03:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all:

I have to work with data coming from non-english speakers.
When I load data into the database I get lots of messages
like this:

Invalid UNICODE character sequence found (0xd14f)

I'm afraid I have to recompile postgres with option --with-nls
to solve this situation. Is this the case?

Thanks in advance
Hugo Escobar