Re: Cosmetic change in catalog/index.c

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cosmetic change in catalog/index.c
Date: 2003-02-13 22:57:25
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 10:09, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> Very minor cosmetic patch to catalog/index.c: I noticed when replying to
> bug #895 that the error message "relation already exists" is not
> capitilized as the rest are:

On the contrary, I can't see any kind of consistency in the leading
capitalization in elog() messages. If you're only going to make a few
arbitrary changes but not make things consistent, it doesn't seem to be
worth the risk of breaking client apps that examine error message
strings.

> This patch fixes that and a few other places where the capitilization
> is needed.

Shouldn't you update translations as well?

Cheers,

Neil
--
Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC