Re: Initial Postgresql password

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: PgSQL Novice ML <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Initial Postgresql password
Date: 2003-01-20 04:18:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 17:40, Le Mar Davidson wrote:
> I need help. I have installed PostgreSQL on my mac osx machine but I don't
> know the password for the PostgreSQL account that was automatically created.
> I can't change the account's password because I don't the have
> priviledges. I would appreciate any help I can get.

There must be a root/administrator/superuser mode, right? What if
you go into root mode & change that "user's" password to something
that *you* want?

| Ron Johnson, Jr. mailto:ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net |
| Jefferson, LA USA http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| |
| "Basically, I got on the plane with a bomb. Basically, I |
| tried to ignite it. Basically, yeah, I intended to damage |
| the plane." |
| RICHARD REID, who tried to blow up American Airlines |
| Flight 63 |