Re: Cursor rowcount

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: PgSQL Performance ML <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cursor rowcount
Date: 2003-01-14 09:12:28
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 22:19, Tom Lane wrote:
> <typea(at)l-i-e(dot)com> writes:
> > Yes, but as noted in my longer version, that number does not seem to "come
> > through" the PHP API.
>
> Perhaps not, but you'd have to ask the PHP folk about it. This question
> surely doesn't belong on pgsql-performance ...

Wellllll, maybe it does, since the /performance/ of a SELECT COUNT(*)
followed by a cursor certainly is lower than getting the count from
a system variable.

But still I agree, the PHP list seems more appropriate...

| Ron Johnson, Jr. mailto:ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net |
| Jefferson, LA USA http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| |
| "Basically, I got on the plane with a bomb. Basically, I |
| tried to ignite it. Basically, yeah, I intended to damage |
| the plane." |
| RICHARD REID, who tried to blow up American Airlines |
| Flight 63 |