server-side prepared

From: Felipe Schnack <felipes(at)ritterdosreis(dot)br>
To: pgsql-jdbc <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: server-side prepared
Date: 2003-01-08 18:34:41
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I just can't use server-side prepared statements
Here is a snippet of my sources, note that the column I'm inserting is
of "bigint" data type
PreparedStatement prep = Connection.prepareStatement("insert into
tablename values (?)");
prep.setNull(1, Types.BIGINT);
prep.executeUpdate();
For some strange reasons when I execute that I get the following
error: "Column 'cpf' is of type BIGINT, but expression is of type text"
Well, I specified the BIGINT type correctly, What can I do?

--

Felipe Schnack
Analista de Sistemas

Centro Universitário Ritter dos Reis