Re: pl/perl extension fails on Windows

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pl/perl extension fails on Windows
Date: 2017-08-14 20:37:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:
>> We built the sources with this patch and were able to create the plperl
>> extension on Windows 32bit and 64bit.

> Excellent, thanks for testing. I'll finish up the configure-script part
> and push this shortly.

So the early returns from the buildfarm are that this broke baiji,
although a couple of other Windows critters seem to be OK with it.

This presumably means that baiji's version of perl was built with
_USE_32BIT_TIME_T, but $Config{ccflags} isn't admitting to that.
I wonder what Perl version that is exactly, and what it reports for
$Config{ccflags}, and whether there is some other place that we
ought to be looking for the info.