Re: RE : PostgreSQL coredump : Couldn't find any tables,

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Bruno BAGUETTE" <pgsql-ml(at)baguette(dot)net>
Cc: "'postgres list'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "'Tony Grant'" <tony(at)tgds(dot)net>
Subject: Re: RE : PostgreSQL coredump : Couldn't find any tables,
Date: 2003-06-11 13:19:00
Lists: pgsql-general

"Bruno BAGUETTE" <pgsql-ml(at)baguette(dot)net> writes:
> I would like to upgrade to 7.3.3 but I have first to get 6.5.2 running
> in order to get the possibility to start a dump and to launch the
> install into a PostgreSQL 7.3.3 server.

How large is pg_log? If it's 1Gb in size or nearly that, then your
problem is that the transaction counter wrapped around. I believe that
a couple of people have gotten out of such a fix by resetting the
counter to a few hundred transactions less than 4G, giving them time to
pg_dump before it wraps again. I don't remember how to do it in such a
prehistoric version of Postgres, though. Check the archives.