celko nested set functions

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: celko nested set functions
Date: 2002-10-02 19:48:01
Lists: pgsql-sql

I'm wondering if anyone has written code that enables you to move
entities between parents in a nested set model. Specifically something
that can do it without deleting any of the children involved in the
process. I looked in the postgresql cookbook which had adding and
building tree's, but not moving. I'm hoping to find something
postgresql specific but if not that's ok. Thanks in advance,

Robert Treat