Re: jdbc & tomcat

From: Stephen Bacon <sbacon(at)13x(dot)com>
To: Postgres JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Steve Linabery <slinabery(at)worldcycling(dot)com>
Subject: Re: jdbc & tomcat
Date: 2002-08-28 14:49:39
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Is the drop/recreate being done from a stored procedure? When postgres
compiles a procedure it ends up referencing it by it's OID (Object ID).
When you recreate something it'll get a new OID, and so mess up the
proc.
The workaround is to use EXECUTE in your stored proc so it re-evals the
statement.
I believe the same issue can apply to triggers dependent upon the table.
-Steve