Re: [HACKERS] psql Week 2

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] psql Week 2
Date: 1999-10-12 01:28:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> 2. What about including an snprintf() into the source tree similar what is
> done with strdup()?

There is one in the backend/port/ directory, along with some other
important library routines that are missing on certain platforms.
Up to now we haven't worried about including these into anything but
the backend, but I see no reason not to include them into psql if
you need 'em. (Probably would not be a good idea to put them into
libpq though, since that could cause conflicts with user apps that
supply their own versions.) See backend/port/Makefile.in for the
tests that determine whether individual routines need to be included.