Re: Leftover processes on shutdown - Debian+JDBC

From: "Robert M(dot) Meyer" <rmeyer(at)installs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: nickf(at)ontko(dot)com, pgsql-jdbc <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Leftover processes on shutdown - Debian+JDBC
Date: 2002-08-13 16:36:22
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-jdbc

Hmmm... You're right. How much longer does a '-m fast' take. The
reason I ask is because during a server shutdown, init doesn't wait
around long after the script exits. The problem with not using the '-m'
is that pg_ctl returns quickly but the DB may not be down, causing the
system to pull the rug out from under it.

Cheers!

Bob

--
Robert M. Meyer