Re: Suggestions please: names for function cachability

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Martin Renters <martin(at)datafax(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Lockhart <thomas(at)fourpalms(dot)org>, mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Suggestions please: names for function cachability
Date: 2002-04-03 17:24:37
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Martin Renters <martin(at)datafax(dot)com> writes:
> It is also pretty unreasonable to think that any company is
> going to switch providers because of one blacklist or somehow complain
> to their ISP about the spammers the ISP is hosting without any more
> detail than:

> "Blacklist X says you provide spam support and/or have too many
> spammers on your network. Please remove them so I can send
> my email."

FWIW, all the blacklists I use (and 510sg is only the first line of
defense ;-)) have documentation available about the reasons for listing
IP blocks. F'r instance, looking up Thomas' IP I get:

xo.com.spam-support.blackholes.five-ten-sg.com. 23h32m50s IN TXT "added 2002-01-05; spam support - dns server at 64.1.121.57 supporting http://www.poxteam2001.com"
xo.com.spam-support.blackholes.five-ten-sg.com. 23h32m50s IN TXT "added 2002-01-07; spam support - dns server at 64.1.121.57 supporting http://compower.numberop.com"
xo.com.spam-support.blackholes.five-ten-sg.com. 23h32m50s IN TXT "added 2002-03-07; spam support - hosting http://207.88.179.193 - terminated"
xo.com.spam-support.blackholes.five-ten-sg.com. 23h32m50s IN TXT "added 2002-03-10; spam support - hosting http://thecottagemonitor.com"
xo.com.spam-support.blackholes.five-ten-sg.com. 23h32m50s IN TXT "added 2002-03-13; spam support - hosting http://shortcuts2learning.com"
xo.com.spam-support.blackholes.five-ten-sg.com. 23h32m50s IN TXT "added 2002-03-24; spam support - hosting http://209.164.32.75/consumer_first_funding"

But this is getting pretty far off-topic for the PG lists.