how do i provide array parameters for my functions in php

From: joseph(at)asti(dot)dost(dot)gov(dot)ph
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how do i provide array parameters for my functions in php
Date: 2002-06-13 15:59:12
Lists: pgsql-sql

i have just finished creating a function that has an array of integers as its
parameter. what i would like to know is how do i declare/execute my function
in php. i tried several syntax
e.g.
$arrvalue - an array of integers

$strquery = "select functionname($arrvalue)";
$strquery = "select functionname($arrvalue[])";

what is the right syntax
TIA
joseph