Trying to get rid of a type

From: Tom Jenkins <tjenkins(at)devis(dot)com>
Subject: Trying to get rid of a type
Date: 2002-06-13 15:36:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,
We misspelled the OPAQUE declaration in a function as opapue. now we
have a type record in the pg_type table that looks like this:

-[ RECORD 1 ]+-------
typname | opapue
typowner | 0
typlen | 0
typprtlen | 0
typbyval | f
typtype |
typisdefined | f
typdelim |
typrelid | 0
typelem | 0
typinput | -
typoutput | -
typreceive | -
typsend | -
typalign | i
typstorage | p
typdefault | opapue

i've tried DROP TYPE opapue but got
ERROR: RemoveType: type '_opapue' does not exist

when we dump the database we get a warning:
pg_dump: WARNING: owner of data type opapue appears to be invalid

the data still dumps but i want to get rid of this warning. i'm
hesitant to delete the record directly out of pg_type. Should I or
shouldn't I delete it?

PostgreSQL version 7.2.1
--

Tom Jenkins