Re: link problem

From: Zak Greant <zak(at)mysql(dot)com>
To: arun kv <arun(at)library(dot)iisc(dot)ernet(dot)in>
Cc: PGSQL <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: link problem
Date: 2002-02-28 10:22:39
Lists: pgsql-php

On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 00:02, arun kv wrote:

> hello sir,
> i have printed the contents of a database on a table using php. how
> to give link from each content of cell to another page or file(like
> pdf). table in php is been created using printf() statement and i am
> unable to insert code to give link for whatever i print.
> thanx in advance
> Arun

Hi Arun,

You should review the printf and sprintf documentation. It is a bit
daunting at first, but makes sense after a bit of work.

To answser your question as best I can without seeing source code,
here is one way to make a link using a printf statement

$link = "http://www.php.net/";
$text = "PHP Website";
printf ('<a href="%s">%s</a>', $link, $text);

Notice that the first %s is replaced with the value of $link,
while the second %s is replaced with the value of $text.

It looks like you are just getting started with PHP - you can
find a lot of helpful resources at http://www.php.net/support.php

Good Luck and happy PHPing!

--
Zak Greant