Re: Is there a utility to load data?

From: Jeff Self <jself(at)nngov(dot)com>
To: Pam Wampler <Pam_Wampler(at)taylorwhite(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is there a utility to load data?
Date: 2002-02-13 20:02:16
Lists: pgsql-admin

pg_restore or copy. look in the documentation.

I import data from flat files usually this way:

psql dbname < file

The file contains a line before the data:

COPY "tablename" FROM stdin;
data....
\.

If your delimiter is something other than tab you must specify the
delimiter type this way:

COPY "tablename" FROM stdin USING DELIMITERS '|'; # this is using | as
the delimiter.
On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 14:00, Pam Wampler wrote:
> Is there a postgresql utility to load data from a flat file? Similar to
> oracle sqlldr?

Jeff Self
Information Technology Analyst
Department of Personnel