Re: : Postgres order by into a RECORD, not ordering

From: Shaun Clements <ShaunC(at)relyant(dot)co(dot)za>
To: 'Richard Huxton' <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: : Postgres order by into a RECORD, not ordering
Date: 2005-04-01 10:22:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Again.

I hope you can explain this.
I have a stored procedure which does a query of a table using order by, into
a RECORD.
The statement I mentioned earlier, is a FOR IN.
the data stored into the RECORD, is not ordered by the columns specified,
because when I loop through the record, the columns returned in the row are
different, to when I manually do a Select query using order by.
I assumed this may have something to do with the index.

Is there any reason why this is so ?

Kind Regards,
Shaun Clements