Questions about building psqlODBC on Linux/Windows

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Questions about building psqlODBC on Linux/Windows
Date: 2013-04-14 13:41:04
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

Please let me ask a few questions about building psqlODBC on Linux and
Windows.

Q1: What differences in functionality are there between the driver with
libpq and the one without libpq? Which has richer functionality?

Q2: Do I have to specify PG_INC and PG_LIB to build the ODBC driver on
Windows with nmake even when LIBPQ=no?

Q3: When should I use the ANSI driver? I'm not very sure even after reading
the FAQ. Is the following understanding correct?

Unicode driver must always be used when the database encoding is UTF-8.
ANSI driver must always be used when the database encoding is not UTF-8.
Violation of above rules results in strange behavior when the character code
is greater than 128.

Regards
MauMau