From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTER_ADDRESS(at)(dot)SYNTAX-ERROR
Cc: Marius Andreiana <marius(at)wdg(dot)ro>
Date: 2001-09-14 12:29:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hi
>
> I saw in TODO
> CLIENTS
> * Add XML interface: psql, pg_dump, COPY, separate server
> and there's some code for JDBC in contrib/retep directory.
>
> Are there any plans to add xml support to postgresql, to return
> rown in formatted in xml for start? not only from psql, but
> from everywhere (e.g. php)

I am (as time allows) adding to the xml under contrib/retep, but I don't know
of anyone else working on it.

Adding xml support to psql shouldn't be too difficult (it has html support
already), and there is the ResultSet->XML stuff under contrib/retep.

Peter

--
Peter Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/