September meeting for PDXPug

From: "Tim Bruce" <pdxpug(at)tbruce(dot)com>
To: "Postgresql PDX_Users" <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: September meeting for PDXPug
Date: 2013-09-19 20:03:25
Lists: pdxpug

With Gabrielle out of town and not able to send a reminder, I thought I'd
send one out so no one missed our meeting tonight. I hope to see you
there tonight.

When: 7-9pm Thu Sep 19, 2013
Where: Iovation
Who: Andrew Kreps
What: JSON

This month we return to our regular meeting location at Iovation. Andrew
Kreps will be giving a JSON demo.

Topics:
- A brief definition of JSON for those who may not have a lot of
experience with it
- Why the storage of JSON as JSON is important
- Working with the operators, selecting data, etc
- A practical example, probably using the Instagram API.

Andrew’s a Portland-based software engineer who digests APIs for
breakfast. After stumbling through the worlds of Oracle and Mysql for many
years, he’s found PostgreSQL to do things they way they should have always
been done.

Our meeting will be held at Iovation, on the 32nd floor of the US Bancorp
Tower at 111 SW 5th (5th & Oak). It’s right on the Green & Yellow Max
lines. Underground bike parking is available in the parking garage;
outdoors all around the block in the usual spots. No bikes in the office,
sorry!

Building security will close access to the floor at 7:30.

Tim