Re: EXPLAIN Verbose issue - custom_scan_tlist can directly refer CTE and Subquery

From: Andrei Lepikhov <a(dot)lepikhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>, Lepikhov Andrei <lepikhov(at)fastmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Алена Рыбакина <a(dot)rybakina(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Дамир Белялов <d(dot)belyalov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: EXPLAIN Verbose issue - custom_scan_tlist can directly refer CTE and Subquery
Date: 2023-10-09 08:41:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs

After some attempts to resolve this issue, I must admit that we should
add a non-trivial method in the CustomScan node interface, which would
be called in the ruleutils code.
I guess it is too much for such a rare situation. So maybe just add a
documentation entry on this thing and set a couple of assertions on
early detection of problems?.
In the attachment - is an offer on how to change the code.

--
regards,
Andrey Lepikhov

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Be-careful-allowing-custom-nodes-to-use-CTE-and-Subp.patch text/plain 3.0 KB