Re: Reference to - BUG #18349: ERROR: invalid DSA memory alloc request size 1811939328, CONTEXT: parallel worker

From: Andrei Lepikhov <lepihov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Craig Milhiser <craig(at)milhiser(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reference to - BUG #18349: ERROR: invalid DSA memory alloc request size 1811939328, CONTEXT: parallel worker
Date: 2024-10-08 09:16:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 10/7/24 18:42, Craig Milhiser wrote:

> On Oct 1, 2024 Andrei Lepikhov wrote
>
> > Can you provide an explain of this query?
>
> Apologies for the delay. I have been travelling since Wednesday night.
> Thanks for your help and time with this issue.
>
> Below is the query, with specific values redacted. An explain with
> max_parallel_workers_per_gather = 2 and explain analyze
> max_parallel_workers_per_gather = 0.
I'm a bit confused: the thread subject named ' invalid DSA memory alloc
request size ...', but you write about issue with OOM killer. It is two
different issues, which one do you have exactly?

OOM killer can be explained easily, because I see huge string_agg
aggregate - workers can utilise memory more intensively. For now,
explain of an Aggregate node don't show information about factual sort
operation of each aggregate and memory consumption.

--
regards, Andrei Lepikhov