Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr(at)dalibo(dot)com>, Mark Dilger <mark(dot)dilger(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions
Date: 2021-04-11 17:01:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 4/7/21 5:06 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2021-Apr-07, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> Oh, you want to roll them all up into one file? That could work. It's a
>> bit frowned on by perl purists, but I've done similar (see PGBuild/SCM.pm).
> Ah! Yeah, pretty much exactly like that, including the "no critic" flag ...

OK, here's an attempt at that. There is almost certainly more work to
do, but it does pass my basic test (set up a node, start it, talk to it,
shut it down) on some very old versions down as low as 7.2.

Is this is more to your liking?

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
PostgresNodePath-MultiVersion-OO-v1.patch text/x-patch 31.4 KB