Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Sandro Santilli <strk(at)kbt(dot)io>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Regina Obe <lr(at)pcorp(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction
Date: 2023-05-22 17:35:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 2023-05-11 at 13:07 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Here is my proposed patch for this.

The commit message makes it sound like lc_collate/ctype are completely
obsolete, and I don't think that's quite right: they still represent
the server environment, which does still matter in some cases.

I'd just say that they are too confusing (likely to be misused), and
becoming obsolete (or less relevant), or something along those lines.

Otherwise, this is fine with me. I didn't do a detailed review because
it's just mechanical.

Regards,
Jeff Davis