Re: List all tables from a specific database

From: Ray O'Donnell <ray(at)rodonnell(dot)ie>
To: Flaviu2 <flaviu2(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: List all tables from a specific database
Date: 2022-01-14 12:45:49
Lists: pgsql-general

On 14/01/2022 12:42, Flaviu2 wrote:
> Yes, I started psql with -E, and now I see the SQL underhood. Thank you.
>
> Now I need to find how to get and how to select a specific database, I
> have no experience in Postgre SQL.

Well, connecting from the command line with psql, you just specify it:

psql [...options...] my_database

Or if you're already in psql, use the \c command:

\c my_database

The Postgres manual is excellent, if enormous:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/index.html

A good place to start is the "Tutorial" section.

HTH,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland