Re: IDENTIFY_SYSTEM

From: "Cezariusz Marek" <cezariusz(dot)marek(at)comarch(dot)pl>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: IDENTIFY_SYSTEM
Date: 2014-02-05 12:01:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

> That's part of the streaming replication protocol
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/protocol-replication.html
> As long as you're using wal_level >= archive and the replication connection is enabled you can retrieve it via psql

Yes, I know, but there is no way to get the systemid value from a function using just SQL or plpgsql?

> If it's just for licencing perhaps inet_server_addr() or a plperl function to grab the mac address of the machine might suffice?

I have to license each database, not just the whole machine. And the systemid is the only unique database identifier I've found.

--
Cezariusz Marek
Mobile +48 608 646 494, Phone +48 33 484 6900, http://www.comarch.com/