Backend is closed on a query execution - why?

From: "Serg King" <sergeiko(at)bdsn(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backend is closed on a query execution - why?
Date: 2000-11-13 21:17:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everybody!
Is this a bug?:
When I'm executing this (see below) query I have unexpected backend
closing. When I will remove last line with
"AND user_database.status_id = 'A'" -
- it's working OK.
But there are not a lot of conditions!
Do anybody know about this problem? If it was discussed before - can you
tell me where I need to look for the answer? I'm working with PostgreSQL
two months only and I like it - nice perfomance, cool ideas (temporary and
inheritanced tables,...), and I don't want to replace it.
Thank you!
Serg
[RedHat 6.1 and PostgreSQL 7.0.2]
SELECT contact.contact_id, contact.name_last,
contact.name_first,contact.name_middle,
customer.customer_name, user_info.logname, server.server_name,
server_database.db_desc,
cd_acc_status.code_desc as status
FROM contact, cust_contact, customer, user_info, cust_database,
user_database, cd_acc_status, server, server_database
WHERE contact.contact_id = cust_contact.contact_id
AND cust_contact.customer_id = customer.customer_id
AND contact.contact_id = user_info.contact_id
AND customer.customer_id = cust_database.customer_id
AND user_info.user_id = user_database.user_id
AND cust_database.db_id = user_database.db_id
AND user_database.status_id = cd_acc_status.code_id
AND user_database.server_id = server.server_id
AND user_database.status_id <> 'D'
AND user_database.db_id = server_database.db_id
AND user_database.status_id = 'A'
ORDER BY 5,2,3,4,7,8
(I used aliases but removed it designedly)