Re: Obsolete Linux downloads (Debian) instructions

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Laura Smith <n5d9xq3ti233xiyif2vp(at)protonmail(dot)ch>
Cc: postgre <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Obsolete Linux downloads (Debian) instructions
Date: 2024-04-12 10:57:48
Lists: pgsql-general

> On 12 Apr 2024, at 12:43, Laura Smith <n5d9xq3ti233xiyif2vp(at)protonmail(dot)ch> wrote:

> Who do I have to badger to get the obsolete and frankly dangerous Debian repo instructions fixed @ https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/debian/ ?

Badgering is usually not required when it comes to fixing broken things,
assuming they are broken (since I'm not a Debian user I cannot really comment
on that part), fixing them is generally more productive. You can find the
website code in the following repository:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgweb.git;a=summary

The file to look at is templates/pages/download/linux/debian.html. If you
propose a patch for the instructions, ideally on the pgsql-www@ mailinglist,
I'm sure we can ask Christophe (in CC:) for a review.

--
Daniel Gustafsson