Re: When should be advocate external projects?

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Justin Clift' <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: 'Bruce Momjian' <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, 'Robert Haas' <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, 'Magnus Hagander' <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, 'pgsql-advocacy' <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, 'Joshua Drake' <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: When should be advocate external projects?
Date: 2016-10-28 03:13:50
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

From: Tsunakawa, Takayuki/綱川 貴之
> I've created a wiki page to list software interoperable with PostgreSQL.
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Ecosystem:PostgreSQL_ecosystem
>
> I'd like to hear opinions on the items and appearance. For a sample entry,
> click "Data integration" under "Software exclusively for PostgreSQL"
> section. Advice on refinement of English expression is also appreciated,
> as I'm not fluent in English.
>
> The page is presently almost empty. After soliciting the opinions on the
> page, I'll start adding software entries. I identified about 280 products
> that is or is likely to be interoperable with PostgreSQL, and publicize
> the wiki page on pgsql-advocacy and Planet PostgreSQL. Then, I'll try
> actually running the software with the latest PostgreSQL (now 9.5).
>
> I could not figure out a clever idea on how to keep the information fresh
> effectively. But I'll give it a try by becoming the work bee...

Status update.

I listed about 280 software products that are likely to interoperate with PostgreSQL. I verified 8 products by running their regression tests (Distributed cache, ORM for Java), and added information for 4 products without running the software (Mail). I'll continue to verify other software and fill in the entries. Then I'd like to make other 500 products to interoperate with PostgreSQL.

But I don't know how long this will take... I want to solicit for cooperation. I'm going to ask for help here in Japan.

RegardsT
Takayuki Tsunakawa